If you know in advance that you will be unable to work during your scheduled hours, please follow the instructions below to make those hours unavailable. You also MUST attempt to find a substitute. If you are able to do so, email any students who have made appointments with you to let them know who will be meeting with them in your absence. If you are not able to find a substitute, you must email any students you have made appointments with to let them know that they will need to reschedule. (If you see an open appointment slot in someone else’s schedule during a time you cannot work, you should advise that person to schedule an appointment with the available resource instead.) If you cancel your hours more than twice during a semester without finding a substitute, you will be placed on probation. Canceling or missing hours a third time without a substitute may lead to your termination.
- Log into WC Online.
- Hover over the little down arrow next to “Welcome, [Your name]!”
- Select “Staff and Schedule Management.”
- Select “Manage Blackout Times.”
- Find your name and the day(s) on which you need to make changes.
- Click on the white space where you want to start your unavailability.
- Fill out the correct information in the pop-up box. Make sure not to repeat it!
- Go back to the home page, look at the schedule, and confirm that it worked.
If you have any questions, please contact Trevor Ruben at email@example.com.